Managing Director of Hunter Capital, LLC
George Hunter is Founder and Managing Director of Hunter Capital, LLC where he serves as a Certified Financial PlannerTM committed to helping his clients with investment and retirement planning. By utilizing various strategies, George works with his clients to improve their investment potential, reduce financial risk, and help preserve their estate for their heirs.
George began his professional career as a Mechanical Engineer with Pratt and Whitney designing parts for the NASA Space Shuttle and for the F-22 Jet Fighter program. He then had progressively more responsible positions in engineering, manufacturing, quality, plant, supply chain and financial management, working for companies such as GE Capital, Hewlett Packard and Eaton Corporation. Because of the global travel requirements and his desire to be closer to home with his wife and soon to be three children he transitioned into personal finance. He spent over a decade at Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley as Vice President and currently is the Managing Director at Hunter Capital.
Over the years, George has gained a unique perspective on tending to his clients individual needs and concerns. His goal is to assist his clients to obtain financial well-being, while helping them manage risk against life’s unforeseen events. As an independent advisor, his holistic approach allows him to utilize the services of elder law attorneys, CPAs and other professionals. His broad base of knowledge puts him in demand to provide guidance on:
- Accumulation of Assets
- Retirement and Estate Planning
- Distribution of Assets to Insure Lifetime Income
- Transfer of Assets in a Tax-efficient Manner
On a personal note, George is a husband and a father of three awesome children. He lives and works in Columbia MD, where he grew up, and graduated from the Great Centennial High School (go Eagles). He has volunteered his time as a football, basketball and a track and field coach, a mentor, a church volunteer, the past President of the local Habitat for Humanity, and is a founding board member of Neighbor Ride (where Volunteers Drive and Seniors Thrive).
- Investment Advisor Representative
- Series 7, Series 66 and Series 31 registrations
- Maryland Life Accident and Health Insurance License
- Certificate in Financial Planning from Boston University Center for Professional Training
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, Greensboro, NC